As part of our continuing efforts to reduce waste and lessen our negative impact on the environment, the school has gone ‘paperless’. The financial savings will enable the school to allocate additional funds to support teaching and learning for our students; we will also considerably reduce our environmental footprint by the reduction in our use of paper and other consumables.
What does this mean for parents?
- The school has introduced a new electronic communications system: GroupCall.
- All communications will be sent via e-mail or text messaging; letters will also be posted on the school website.
- Parents/carers will have easy access to relevant information, which means no more letters lost or lying in the bottom of a school bag.
- We will not send paper consent forms. Any event that requires a permission slip or other response will be sent to you electronically; you will be able to tick the relevant boxes and press Send to return the form to the school.
- Parents’ Evening appointments will be made online.
- Reports will be sent electronically (if you download the App) and you will be able to see your child’s timetable.
In order to make sure you always receive communications from the school, it is essential that you inform us of any changes to your contact details. Please be aware that GroupCall will only register one e-mail address and one mobile number per contact.
Groupcall will be our first method of reaching parents, so it is important that your contact information is kept ‘up-to-date’. Please ensure that the school office has all your current contact details, especially your current mobile phone number and advise us immediately if any of these numbers change.
For more information, and instructions on downloading the app, please visit: http://parents.groupcall.com
Once you have downloaded the app you will be able to see the following information:
- Free messages sent by the school delivered directly to the app
- Updates regarding selected partner systems, used by the school such as homework, catering and library systems
- Attendance records and absences
- School calendar
- Notification timeline for all of the above.